Texas Online License To Carry Class
Using our Texas Online License to Carry class to get your LTC requires applicants to do the following:
- Attend 4 to 6-hours classroom instruction and pass a written examination with 70% score or better.
- Attend 1 to 2-hours additional gun safety training and to demonstrate proficiency handling a handgun at a local range which includes a 50-round course-of-fire requirement.
- Complete the online application process.
Getting an Online Texas License To Carry requires just a few tasks to complete.
Step 1: Register for the 4 to 6-hour online classroom instruction which is done with our Texas Online License To Carry Class. A written examination is administered at the completion of the classroom instruction when taken at LicenseToCarry.com. Discounts are available to qualified applicants.
The Texas Online License To Carry Class is modular so you can take the course at your own pace using your computer, tablet or mobile phone. LicenseToCarry.com designed the class to be affordable, accessible and convenient for our students.
Step 2: After completing the classroom instruction, you must pass the written examination with a score of 70% or above. The results are immediate, and you can either download or print your LTC-101 immediately or at any other time that works best you.
Active Military personnel, County Jailers or State Correctional Officers are exempt from having to go to the range for the 1 to 2-hours additional gun safety training and the proficiency demonstration. Qualified applicants can jump to Step 3.
If you are not exempt, the next step is to find a local range to attend to receive 1 to 2-hours additional training on gun safety and to shoot the 50-round course-of-fire as the proficiency demonstration. Remember to take your LTC-101 to the range and get it signed by the range instructor.
Step 3: Start the online application for LTC at https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc. Here, you will provide information, pay the application fee, schedule and pay for your fingerprints. You will also upload the documents the state requires including your completed LTC-101. Qualified individuals will also find discounts listed that apply towards the application fee.
What You Need
- Current drivers license or state issued ID,
- Current demographic, address, contact, and employment information,
- 5 years of Residential and employment history (new users only),
- Answer questions regarding any psychiatric, drug, alcohol, or criminal history (new users only),
- Valid email address, and
- Valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express)
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Once you have completed your application, you can upload required documentation at: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/contact/ltcatt.aspx
Texas House Bill 3784 paved the way for www.licensetocarry.com to be among the first online course providers authorized by the State of Texas to deliver the classroom instruction portion of the LTC training requirement and administer the written exam to applicants online.